IconEdit2 uses a pre-trained neural network which is able to enhance resolution of images when resizing a smaller image to a larger size.
Here is an example of resizing a 128x128 image to 256x256 pixels.
Traditional resampling (Bicubic)
How to reproduce the example
- Download the 128x128 source file from here;
- Open it with IconEdit2;
- Add 256x256 image using "Image | Add Image..." menu command;
- Update the new image using "Image | Update from > 128x128" menu command.
- It may be slow;
- It requires Windows 10/8/7/Vista. The resolution enhancement does not work under Windows XP;
- Quality of resulting image may vary depending on source image size and style.